As many of you know, I'm a contributing author to Clarity Magazine. Check out my article in Volume 4 where I discuss how you might be able to find inspiration when it wanes...as it does for all of us at some time or the other.
I know there are a few digital magazines around but not many can come close to the variety, quality and value of Clarity. CLARITY is a bi-monthly eMagazine published in PDF format for maximum compatibility with a wide range of devices.
This exciting edition includes a new feature column – smartphone photography! Beyond app recommendations, the smartphone photography column will provide insight into the technology behind smartphone optics, techniques for using your smartphone to make better photographs and boost creativity, demonstrate how some photographers earn income with their smartphone photographs, and more.
Additionally, Volume 4 explores an all-flash indoor lighting setup, Lightroom and Photoshop video tutorials, a helpful guide to understanding a camera’s histogram, the focal-distance compression effect, and much more.
Volume Four Topics include:
- Lighting Essentials: An all-flash indoor lighting setup.
- Using elements of composition to make stronger photographs.
- How experience crafts and molds your future creativity.
- “Don’t Fear the Histogram”. How to achieve perfect exposures in-camera.
- The Cloud: Professional services vs. DIY Solutions.
- The compression effect of varying your focal length.
- Environmental portraits: Five tips for better travel portraits.
- Smartphone Cameras: high technology in a high-stakes game.
- Making the shot: Getting professional results with “amateur” gear.
- Indoor clouds: making beautiful photographs of ink clouds.
- An in-depth look at Lightroom's Develop module with examples.
- Spot coloring in Lightroom, and other quick processing corrections.
- Spot coloring and adjustment layers in Photoshop CC
- 4 simple household-item tricks for awesome food photography.
Volume Four contains articles by a stellar team of authors including Kevin Kubota, Piet Van den Eynde, Lindsay Ostrom, Sean McCormack, Chris Corradino, Bill McCarroll, Peter Dorr, Jay Livens, Lee Sacrey, Barry J. Brady, Tim Hayes, and Alan Bailward. Each of us possess a deep passion for photography education, creativity, inspiration, and a strong resolve to leave a lasting, positive impact in your life.
Volume Four includes 4 videos and 73 page-spreads, published in PDF format. Get CLARITY Volume Four for only $6.99 USD.